Saturday, June 21, 2014

CSA 6/21

This has been the biggest, most diverse CSA yet!

I got rainbow chard:


Salad mix, broccoli, zucchini, and cilantro:

Cabbage and a rutabaga!

Eggs, green onions, and another kohlrabi: 

This week I'm going to make:

  • Mashed potatoes with rutabaga 
  • I have plans to make an imaginative lentil dish. I'm planning on cooking the swiss chard or cabbage with lentils and spices (cumin, corriander, cinnamon, tumeric) and serving it with Indian fried rice
  • Zucchini pancakes (with green onions)
  • Cheesy broccoli quinoa casserole I made this today for lunch and added green onions, celery, and kohlrabi. It was quite delicious!
  • Eggs, eggs, eggs! I have 28 eggs right now. I'm either going to make another chiffon cake, make a lot of scrabbles/omelettes/fritattas, or give some away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment