Sunday, September 28, 2014

CSA 9/27

This week I got fennel and arugula: 

Parsley and a pie pumpkin!!!!

4 sweet potatoes, a delicata squash, a bunch of chiles, an onion, beets, and sage:

This week I'm planning on making:

Also, I threw the fennel out. I can't stand the smell of that awful stuff. I hate everything about it. It's one of the few foods I absolutely cannot stand.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

CSA 9/20

This week I got eggs, arugula, dill, and cilantro:

Onions, a sack of potatoes, and lots of peppers:

Two acorn squashes, a delicta squash, and some popcorn:

This week I'm planning to make:

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sweater Spinning- Part 2

I finished plying! Here's my big pile of yarn, a whopping 2078 yards of light fingering weight yarn:

Body Skein 1: 525 yards
Body Skein 2: 581 yards
Body Skein 3: 426 yards

Sleeve Skein 1: 283 yards
Sleeve Skein 2: 263 yards

Next steps: wash yarn, swatch, find a pattern

Summer Spinning- Follow Up

Back in June I posted about buying some summer-y colors of fiber.  Well here they are all spun up! Just as it started getting cold here, I finished up my last skein. Here they are!

Wound Up, So Serious
385 yards
SW Merino

Two if by Hand, Effie
500 yards
SW Merino/Nylon

Wound Up, Back to You
300 yards

Saturday, September 13, 2014

CSA 9/13

This week I got eggs, cilantro, and dills:

Radishes, an onion, 2 eggplants, a cucumber, a bell pepper, and 3 poblanos:

A spaghetti squash, a Delicata squash, sweet potatoes, and a couple jalapenos:

This week I'm planning to make:

Saturday, September 6, 2014

CSA 9/6

This week I got a cantaloupe, an acorn squash, eggs, and dill. Look how cute that little melon is:

I got three bell peppers, an onion, and 2 baby eggplants:

I got a cabbage, a sack of potatoes, a cucumber, and a little pepper:

This week I'm planning on making:

Friday, September 5, 2014

Sweater Spinning

I started spinning wool for a sweater last month. Here's the fiber:

Corridale wool
Dyed by Hello Yarn
16 oz. total (4 oz. pictured)

The fiber came in 4, 4 oz. bumps. I divided 3 of the bumps in half lengthwise and spun the singles. I numbered each bobbin. 1 and 2 are from the same bump, 3 and 4 are from the same bump, and 5 and 6 are from the same bump. I'm going to ply 1 and 3, 2 and 5, and 4 and 6 to mix the colors up in a random(ish) way.

I divided the last bump into half lengthwise, and then I split each length in half again into 1 oz pieces. I spun 2 ounces onto each bobbin. I'm going to wind those bobbins into ball and ply from each end. This will give me shorter repeats of color for the sleeves. Hopefully they will also be somewhat matching.

 I finished spinning all my singles. Up next is plying! The yarn should be approximately fingering/sport weight.